Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Sickly

Ugh.  I feel like poopie.  I started feeling under the weather Monday morning but was able to make it through class.  I came home and doped up on cold medicine and took a long nap before work.  I work up feeling yucky.  My temperature was 99.5, I took some Tylenol and got ready for work.  Over the course of the night, I was feeling worse and worse.  When I got home Tuesday morning, I took more medicine and dropped into bed.  I couldn't sleep because I couldn't breathe.  I got up Tuesday afternoon with a temperature of 100.1 and took more Tylenol and ibuprofen...and got ready for work.  The more I was up moving around, the worse I felt.  My face felt like it was on fire and I was so cold.  I took my temperature and it was 101.0...and they sent me home from work.  I then called a good friend, who is a midwife, and asked her to give me some scripts for antibiotics to clear up the crud I got going on.  She poked and prodded and listened to my lungs.  Flu swab and strep swab were both negative, but she said that I wasn't moving a lot of air in the lower bases of my lungs and my tonsils were full of pus pockets.  Nice.  Sooo, a shot of Rocephin, a shot of steroids, and a breathing treatment later...I was on my way home.

Frank banished me to the couch until I get better.  The last time I checked my temperature before falling asleep, it was up to 102.0.  I slept fitfully until I woke up at 5:30 DRENCHED in sweat.  I guess the temperature broke.  My throat still feels like razor blades, I'm coughing my head off, and I feel weak; but I guess I will live.

I have a doctor's note to miss school today.  Apparently, I'm contagious.  Go figure.

Anywho, I hope to be feeling back to my old self soon, at which time I will resume my Daily To-Do's in full force.  Until then, I'm just doing the bare minimum.

No comments:

Post a Comment