Sunday, February 12, 2012

Weekend Progress and New Daily Task

It has been a very productive weekend around here.  I wasn't able to get everything done that I wanted, but I'm still happy with the results.  Saturday was jam-packed full of productivity and today I was able to get some projects out of the way that I have been procrastinating on completing.  So, without further ado, here's the weekend's To-Do List with end results:

Get all laundry washed, dried, folded, and put away.  CHECK!  (Thanks to my sweetie!)
Finish reading Ch 3 in Anatomy.  CHECK!
Review Anatomy notes.  CHECK!
Dishes.  CHECK!
Vacuum.  Nope.
Dust.  Nope.
Sweep/Mop.  Nope.
Clean Master Bath. (I cleaned the front bathroom on Tuesday.)  Nope.
Pay bills.  CHECK!
Balance checkbook. (I haven't balanced it since April 2011. Nice, huh?)  Nope.
Sort mail that has collected the last few days.  CHECK!
Do blog post on my current Inbox/mail sorting method.  Nope.
Start process of moving paperwork from file cabinet to binders and banker's boxes. (Blog post later.)  CHECK! Menu plan for next week.  CHECK!
Grocery shop/Coupons.  CHECK!
Try to get some freezer cooking done.  CHECK!

I would have been alot more productive today had I not woke up at 3 this morning.  But, when I got up, I went to the office and spent some time reconciling our three savings accounts.  Which, by the way, I hadn't done in two years.  Once I found all the paperwork (which was a stack at least 4 inches high), I had to sort it by the three different accounts we have.  Then, I had to sort it by date.  THEN, I could start reconciling.  It took me forever to get everything sorted, but once I had it in order, it maybe took me 20 minutes to do two (Vacation/Christmas Fund, House Fund) of my three accounts and another 20 minutes to do my Emergency Fund account.  I was so disgusted with myself.  It is a very easy job, much easier than balancing the checkbook (which I also hate doing), but I still procrastinate doing it.  I venture to guess that if I just put 5 minutes every month towards those three accounts, it wouldn't take me but another 5 minutes to reconcile every three months when the statements come in.  Ugh!  Why do I do this to myself?  I spent more time looking for the paperwork and then sorting it, than if I just took care of the task as soon as it arose.  Anyways, once I got the headache of reconciling the savings accounts out of the way, it was 8 AM.  I played a bit on the computer and then laid down for a "nap" at 9:30...and woke up at 3:30.  I then got ready and Frank and I went to my parents house to help them set up their new TV and we ate supper over there.  We got home at 9 and I have been working on upcoming blog posts ever since.

Since it is Sunday, I have a new task assigned to myself.  I loathe, nay--HATE, scooping the litterbox.  Why can't my cat go do her business out in the yard like the dogs?  Anyways, I hate doing it...so I usually don't.  Frank will eventually get around to it.  When it's full.  Or stinks.  Anyways, I have decided that if we just scoop it everyday, it will never get too gross.

Overall, I'm pleased with how the weekend turned out.  I hope that the coming week will turn out to be just as productive!

No comments:

Post a Comment