Monday, February 6, 2012

Decluttering Progress Underway!

After yesterday's mini-decluttering marathon, I was inspired to keep purging.  The laundry room looks so much larger without all the junk cluttering it up!  I was so proud of the overall improvement, I decided to declutter our upright freezer.  And since tomorrow is trash day, it was a good day to do it.  I have been procrastinating for at least a year on this project.  Now, I'm not sure why because it only took me five minutes to purge and then maybe another two or three minutes to reorganize the items that remained.

My husband enjoys deer hunting, and from time to time we will have alot of venison in the freezer (which I'm actually not a big fan of and we usually end up giving most of it away).  Then in the fall of 2010, my parents and I had a hog butchered.  Did you know that 220 pounds of meat goes a long. long. long. way?  Needless to say, I STILL have pork in the freezer!  But, those two items are still fine for consumption, but when we put the meat into the freezer, we quickly stuffed it in and was done.  Today, after I started moving all that meat around, I found alot of expired food.  Wanna know what I found and subsequently disposed of?
            
               *Cookie dough (two packages) that expired two years ago.
               *French fries that expired three years ago.
               *Hashbrowns that expired two years ago.
               *Fresh Crowder Peas that I put up in 2009.
               *Burritos that expired well over a year ago.
               *Vegetable Lasagna that I made and froze in April.

It's a shame that I had to toss all that food.  I probably disposed of $20 worth of food.  Food that could have been put to good use.  No one is so rich that they can afford to throw away food...and if they are, they need to be doing something good with it.

So, the point is that I made a HUGE impact on a very important room in my house in less than an hour.  I don't know why I procrastinate doing my decluttering/organizing/cleaning.  The more I put it off, the more work there will be later.  Maybe those organizing ladies have the right idea after all....

Today's To-Do's:  CHECK!
-Feed the critters.
-Mail call.
-Check calendar/planner.
-Purge.

No comments:

Post a Comment