Friday, February 17, 2012

20 Minute Pick-up


Sometimes, I look around my house and realize that, although it isn’t truly “dirty,” it appears that way because it looks cluttered and messy.  Many times, Frank and I will come in the back door and drop whatever is in our hands on the dining room table.  Not surprisingly, our dining room table is our biggest clutter attracter.  But then, the clutter starts reproducing when we aren’t looking.  The clutter starts moving in onto the kitchen counters and onto the side tables in the living room.  Before you know it, the whole main living area of our home looks like a bomb went off in it.

In the past, I would just throw my hands up in despair and think that it just wasn’t worth the time and effort it took to keep my home straight.  Then, I actually timed myself doing a quick clean-up.  It took 20 minutes.  In 20 minutes, I went from an embarrassingly cluttered mess to a home that would allow me to throw open my back door and welcome visitors into the house.  (As long as they don’t look too close.)

Here’s the before pictures:









And here’s the after pictures:  (Remember, I only spent 20 minutes on this!)







The takeaway?  It really doesn’t take all that long to pick up.  The end.

P.S.--The pups say, "Hi!"

No comments:

Post a Comment