Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Easy Way to Freshen the Linen Closet


Have you ever gotten a towel or set of sheets out of your linen closet and they smelled…less than fresh?  For some reason, my linen closet tends to have a musty smell in it.  My central unit vent return is right below the cabinet, so I don’t know if that has something to do with it or not.  Anyways, I was noticing that the linen closet made my clean linens smell somewhat musty.  Almost like they had been sitting in the washer too long, but I knew that they hadn’t.  I cleaned the closet, but they still had the weird odor.

I did some research on the internet and ran across tip that has made all the difference.  It was so simple that I thought that it surely wouldn’t work.  But it did.  The tip?  Put a dryer sheet in the cabinet with your linens.  Crazy, right?!?

Our linen cabinet has four shelves and I just put a dryer sheet on two of them.  It has made a dramatic difference.  The towels now smell dryer-fresh and our sheets have a pleasant scent that lasts for the entire week.

I also took this tip and used it for our closet and office closet.  In our office closet, I house all of our jackets.  In the winter, we tend to use the same jackets daily but I keep our dress jackets in the office closet.  Then, in the spring, I move all the jackets to the closet.  I put a small nail on the inner wall, the wall that you have to crane your neck to see, and I poked a dryer sheet right on that nail.  The jackets smell nice and fresh and I just routinely change the dryer sheet out anytime I think of it, maybe a couple times a year.  I did the same thing in our main closet, too!  It’s a pleasant scent that wafts out into the room whenever you open the closet door…and it makes me happy.  And I like being happy. J

No comments:

Post a Comment