Sunday, April 15, 2012

Day 4 of Bedrest...

Today was day four of bedrest and I am going crazy!  I believe I have surfed every single website the internet has to offer.  On the upside, I have some ideas for some home improvement projects that I would like to try.  :)

Today I had yet another eye opening reason to maintain my daily, weekly, and monthly routines.  I lost...and then found...a check.  Last week, I purchased some items for my mother and she wrote me a check to pay me back.  The total was $50.  Somehow, I managed to misplace the check.  I don't know how I lost a check from Wednesday, but I did.  Not only did I lose the check but I kinda forgot about it.  (Who forgets about $50?!?)  Anyways, this afternoon I remembered that I had a check hanging around somewhere.  I looked in my usual places:  my car, my purse and wallet, the catch-all place in the kitchen and my bedroom, the trash can in the kitchen (ick!), etc.  Finally, as a last resort, I started going through all the papers on the kitchen table.  Amongst those papers on the table were:  2 Sunday papers, about 800 receipts (because I'm STILL trying to finish balancing the checkbook), my coupon binder (Penny), my work schedule, magazines and catalogs, used napkins from supper tonight, and my check.  YAY!

Moral of the story:  Don't just lay things in a place that you "won't forget."  Put those items where they go.

No comments:

Post a Comment